Core Equity Strategy
Berkshire’s Core Equity Strategy focuses on capital appreciation over the long-term. We believe core strategies have fallen victim to some unproductive approaches such as: excessive diversification , over emphasis on style, and managers chasing what’s popular in the name of client retention.
In contrast Berkshire:
- Takes the mindset of an entrepreneur seeking to purchase entire companies for the long term
- Employs reasonable diversification
- Seeks to “go anywhere” while still maintaining an overall large capitalization bias
- Will maintain discipline during periods of underperformance
- Controls risk by maintaining only its highest conviction ideas and purchasing them only when a margin of safety exists